Underpaid, Below Deductible Or Denied Hurricane Insurance Claims FAQ

No one can truly prepare for the devastation of a hurricane strike. After it passes, your insurance might not provide the coverage you deserve. If you feel as though your insurance provider underpaid you or denied your hurricane insurance claim wrongfully, you are not out of options. Read our FAQ to get answers to your initial questions and contact MAS Law Firm for help pursuing rightful compensation.

What Can I Do If My Insurance Company Denied My Claim?

There are several steps that you can take if your insurance provider denied you claim for damage. The first step you need to take is to confirm why they denied your claim. Once they have given you an explanation, review your insurance policy.

It is important to remember that the people at your insurance company are just like anyone else, and they can make mistakes too. Review your insurance policy and confirm if your most recent insurance policy permits their reason for denying your claim. During this process, you should document everything. Generating a paper trail can be a massive aid to your efforts. If you don't agree with the original insurance inspector's findings, you can request a second independent inspection. This is a good example of why you need to make sure nothing tampers with your home damages after a storm. Our attorneys can guide you through this process, with a thorough coverage analysis and damage inspection.

What Can I Do If I Feel My Insurance Provider Is Offering Me Too Little For My Claim?

If you feel that your insurance company is offering you too little for your losses, the first thing you should know is that you do not have to accept their first offer. Considering any business's primary goal is to make money, it would only make sense that your insurance company would offer you as little as possible for your damages. If you aren't satisfied with what your insurance company is doing, reach out to our property insurance litigation lawyers. Never agree to sign a release in exchange for an initial payment without the advice of an experienced attorney.

What Can I Do If I Already Accepted A Payment From My Insurance Company That I Think Is Too Small?

If you have accepted a settlement that wasn't sufficient, our attorneys may be able to reopen your claim and help you receive a fair payout. This process can be complex, and you will likely need an experienced attorney who can help you navigate the bureaucratic maze ahead of you.

If You Do Not See Your Question Answered Here, Contact Us

For any questions on how to face your insurance company for a fair settlement in the Miami area or elsewhere in Florida, contact us at 855-391-5737 for a free consultation about what your rights are today.


Have you filed a claim yet?

Tell us about your situation.

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

MAS Law Firm
9500 South Dadeland Blvd.
Suite 701
Miami, FL 33156

Toll Free: 855-391-5737
Miami Law Office Map